Community Solutions is seeking a detail-oriented, self-motivated and organized individual to join the Data Team on the energetic, collaborative Built for Zero team at Community Solutions. This position reports to the Built for Zero Product Lead and will be responsible for providing data and analytical support to participating communities, quantitative support to all members of the Built for Zero team, and will assist with analysis, research and reporting on Built for Zero metrics. Travel will be required to attend semi-annual team retreats and other on-site trainings or convenings.
Clear and actionable data should be your bread and butter, since you’ll be helping to ensure that more than 70 different communities can visualize and track data necessary to ending homelessness. You’ll provide data visualization and data management expertise to a national cohort of vanguard communities. Having a detail-oriented, thorough and fast paced approach to scoping, building, and refining data structures/visuals will be the name of the game for this position. You’ll also support a growing Data Team in research and data consultation capacities, as we work collaboratively and cross-train in related work streams frequently.
Assist in the development of new tools and enhance existing tools to assist Community Solutions, communities, and partners in analyzing data and tracking and improving performance. Responsibilities include:
- Designing visualizations/dashboard
- Preparing/cleaning data and developing processes to ensure data quality
- Building data visualizations using Tableau
- Help maintain the existing Built for Zero data infrastructure including:
- Quality assurance of dashboards and tools
- Troubleshooting issues as they arise
- Communicate clearly with end users to understand their needs and articulate key insights derived from data analysis.
- Other Duties
Serve as backup to the Product Lead on calls, meetings, and trainings, as needed.
Other duties, as assigned, to advance the efforts of the Data and Performance Management Team.